Re: LZ: my 2 frozen cents on USGARD

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Max Mansour wrote:

> > From: Ess Andreas <ess.andreas@computerhaus.at>
> >
> > Maybe you're right... Of course, I write 'shit' all the time, but it just
> pisses me off if someone copies my code without
> > question. I mean, I spent quite a bunch of time messing around with those
> VAR functions; especially with resizing, and then a
> > smart-alecky guy just uses a hex editor to steal that.
> >       You may believe it or not, but I don't mind wether YOU use CShell or
> Usgard, I only wrote the preceding message because Keith
> > disassembled my stuff.
> First, i believe (note i am only 99% sure) that the only code disassembled
> was zshell
Yes.  Someone with some common sense.  ;)

> but all of that code was and/or is being rewritten originally.
Yes, that is also true.

> And WAY before usgard was released,  Keith was messing around
> with the VAT (dig waaaaaaaay back, when he was posting emails about ROM
> addrs for various things, including some VAT stuff).
Too bad the archives aren't there.
Again, that is also true.  I was looking for var
creation/resization/deletion a _LONG_ time ago, but without any
success.  *thinks*  If I _had_ found those routines, Andreas, and UShell
_did_ get completed and released, _AND_ I would NOT share the addresses
of those useful routines (I would, but...), how the hell would _YOU_
feel???

> If you thought he had disassemled your code, that would give you every
> right to bitch about him,
True, but, once again, Andreas, I have _NOT_ dissassembled your code.

> but as i said before, based on his posts,
> current, and old (many, many months), when he was gettting back into doing
> ushell, i believe that the stuff he did w/ the VAT is original.
It was.

--
~Keith
TSK3000@Prodigy.Net