Re: A85: My problem with libraries

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Michael Pearce wrote:

> I would imagine that Jimmy Mardell already has some routines to use in
> his Sqrxz game.  I am sure that the code for a 8X8 sprite routine is a
> lot faster and smaller.  I wrote one about 6 months ago and i think it
> was around 50 bytes.  Unluckily, i lost that code (and the most up to
> date version of my Solomon's Key game) when my hard drive crashed.

Faster and smaller!? Nah, not really :) They're quite a lot bigger and
slower since they are quite complex - clipping the sprite in all four
edges,
storing the background and putting the sprite with a mask. There are
also two routines, one which does the above and one which only
clips the sprite.

--
Jimmy Mårdell                   "We are the crown of creation
mailto:mja@algonet.se            we may do whatever we please

Follow-Ups: References: