Re: LZ: Making fixed int progs

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Making fixed int progs

Tony Lieuallen wrote:

> >The easiest way is to increase the ZShell string about 500-600 byte and
> >then put the interrupt handler there. If the interrupt handler will be a
> >big program, make two program: one in the ZShell string that will search
> >and execute the "real" program which is the bigger one.
>
> This is the way your Game Wizard does it.  Does it really have to be an
> extra 600 bytes?

Well, first 257 bytes for the table at $9100-$9200 and then the interrupt
routine starts at $9292, and you can't change that. Then I've used
the "holes" ($90A?-$90FF and $9201-$9291) for variable storage. Some
variables are after the interrupt handler at $9292. The handler isn't
so big, it mostly checks if on+enter is pressed and then it uses rst10h
and rst20h to find Game Wizard and execute it. You can't make it so much
smaller, BUT you could make the GWiz program about 1k smaller, because
1k is just empty space where the screen is temporary stored. I've tried
to use the same routine to allocate 1k as in Robs grayscale, but for
some reason it didn't work! I don't have a clue why, and if someone can
tell me why it didn't, I will be happy :-) Maybe it has something to do
with that it's in an interrupt, or should that matter?

<pre>
--
Real name: Jimmy Mårdell
Email....: mailto:mja@algonet.se

"Strap me down with disillusion
  Tie me up in lifelines
   Nothing stops my thoughts from breeding
    Nothing's stopping my mind" - Leather Strip
</pre>