Re: LZ: RE: pljmp in trboslow

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: RE: pljmp in trboslow

Ed Plese, Jr. wrote:

> > Does Plain Jump use graph mem or interrupts? If so, it will always lock up. I
> > am planning to write a new version that doesn't use graph mem, if I can figure
> > out how to put a string right after ZShell in the memory or in an 85b.
> > --MZB
>
> I don't know about everyone else, but I don't think that any games
> should be made to use the interrupts because they are not really
> needed in games.  And, if everyone starts making games that require
> that they be right after the ZShell string, then we can only have one
> program on our calc at one time.  With programs such as Password
> protection programs like I am working on that use interrupt, it
> doesn't matter because who is going to use more than one password
> program on the same calc?
>
> -Ed

That's why we (or the ZShell team) make a library (sort of) that would
allow MANY interrupt programs at the same time. To install an interrupt,
you call a routine in the library that puts the interrupt on a list, and
when an interrupt occurs, the library goes through the list and executes
the programs. That way we can have many interrupt programs.

<pre>
--
Real name: Jimmy Mårdell
Email....: mailto:mja@algonet.se

"Strap me down with disillusion
  Tie me up in lifelines
   Nothing stops my thoughts from breeding
    Nothing's stopping my mind" - Leather Strip
</pre>