Re: LZ: Compression program (and quest

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Compression program (and quest

On Wed, 11 Sep 1996, Scott J. Rein wrote:

> Remember, the compressor will be on the computer.  Therefore I doubt it will
> be too slow.  Then again, the decompressor will be slow too.  I don't know
> about the rest of you, but I would take a slow and high compression over a
> fast and low compression any day.

Ditto.  We have to keep in mind that the ultimate goal of this is to GAIN free
ram, and if all the features discussed are put into the program, we will need
the best compression possible. 8)

                              The nice thing about Windows is that it does
Tony Lieuallen                     not just crash...  It displays a dialog
marvin@mars.superlink.net               box and lets you press 'OK' first.
http://mars.superlink.net/marvin/home