Re: LZ: ZTetris 1.1

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: ZTetris 1.1

Max Mansour wrote:

> nothing to do with the custom menu etc!  Now we have Jimmy Mardell (a
> very talented programmer, I'll deffinately give him that) doing his
> "comparrison" with MH's Tetris (have you ever noticed in advertising,
> that "comparison charts" always show the things the favored product can
> do that the other one can't, but you never see them talking about the
> faults of the advertised program, or if they do, they belittle them
> [ex:All this for ONLY a small loss of 545 bytes]...)...

Maybe it was better if I didn't post ZTetris at all? Ok, then I won't
post future version if that's the way you want it.

Faults? I don't think 545 bytes is such a big fault and I'm sure there
are others that agree with me. I hope :)

> Personally, I prefer MH's ver.  It's smaller, and the only REAL drawback
> is that speed does not increase with level.  OK, one more thing: Is it
> just me, or does anyone else find it annoying (in MH ver), when you get
> like twenty square blocks in a row?!?

You want it smaller? I could, if I wanted, make ZTetris almost indentical
to Tetris 4.5 and it would be about 300 bytes shorter. Hey, maybe I'm
boasting but it's true.

Btw, the speed increase with the level in MH's ver. You just have to play
until you reach level 10 or something. Very boring indeed. In ZTetris you
can... nah, won't say it :)

> [snip ad]
>
> > All this for ONLY a small loss of 545 bytes :-)
> > So, there's NO reason to choose Tetris 4.5 now!!
>
> ugh.

Haha... That was the intention ya know... Did you notice the smilie??

<pre>
--
Real name: Jimmy Mårdell
Email....: mailto:mja@algonet.se

"Strap me down with disillusion
  Tie me up in lifelines
   Nothing stops my thoughts from breeding
    Nothing's stopping my mind" - Leather Strip
</pre>