Re: LZ: blue boxes

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: blue boxes

At 16:05 10-23-96 -0400, you wrote:
>aren't blue boxes(ahem) illegal? and I'm confused. how do they work. i
>mean, i know that they allow you to make free phone calls and stuff but,
>other than that, how do they work?
>
>btw. i've got one of those little things from RShack that you put up to
>the phone to make a call and it produces the tones(that's all it does).
>would this help?
>

>Andy Haninger
>aka &y
>ahaning@freenet.columbus.oh.us

All you need to do to convert it into a red box or a blue box is take out a
crystal in the dialer and replace it with another one...I can get the URL w/
plans from a friend of mine who's built one if you're interested.

Nate
Listen...this is now, this is here, this is me.
This is what I wanted you to see. - R.E.M., "So Fast, So Numb"

Visit my nifty homepage! http://www.ime.net/~pamelnat
Nate's R.E.M. Page: http://www.ime.net/~pamelnat/rem.html
This is Nate, signing off...