[A83] Re: StarCraft for TI-83??

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: StarCraft for TI-83??

Jeff writes:
> By spec do you mean a flowchart, or do you mean a description of the
> program's functions? (unfamiliar termonology)

A specification is ``a detailed description of design criteria for a piece
of work''.  In other words, it describes exactly how the program should be
built.  A flow chart can be part of a specification, but it does not need to
be.

When you take a computer science course, you might have to write a program
to a given specification.  One professor at UNM, David Ackely, that I had
the honor of taking a class from writes excellent specifications.  This is
one from a course he is currently teaching:

http://www.cs.unm.edu/~ackley/cs351/projects/1/spec1.1.txt

His specifications are good because the entire program can be written by
following the specification.

--
David Phillips <david@acz.org>
http://david.acz.org/