[A83] Re: Me so curious

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Me so curious

Aaron Ecay writes:
> There is a place on the internet (I won't mention the address
> lest I corrupt your minds, but it is somewhere on the Detached
> Solutions boards) that describes how to use the 0104.exe (is
> that correct) app signer to sign a hacked copy of periodic.  It
> isn't even complicated to do.

http://www.detachedsolutions.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=48&highlight=0104

"I did this a long time ago, and I think I deleted the copy. Note, TI legal
people reading this, that I did get the app from you legally during some
special-offer thing, so I didn't do anything wrong . ....Anyway, it's fairly
simple. You want to open the app up and look in the header for the key field
thing, which starts with 80h,12h, I believe, and change the two bytes after
that 12h to 01h,04h....You'll have to update the checksum at the end of the
line, it's one byte and is the opposite of a normal checksum...0FFh - (sum
of all bytes on the line) if I remember correctly. Then you want to strip
the graphlink junk at the start of the file, and the signing junk at the
end...Rename the file to .hex, and sign with 0104.key.

Disclaimer: The above is provided for security analysis and informational
purposes only. The author is not avocating nor encouraging any illegal
activity."

--
David Phillips <david@acz.org>
http://david.acz.org/