[A83] Re: Help! I can't display my title sprite using bcall(ionputsprit

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Help! I can't display my title sprite using bcall(ionputsprite)!

> From: "Andrew Scagnelli" <ascagnel@regis-nyc.org>
>
> I have a 94x62 title screen sprite, and when I try to use the
bcall(ionputs=
> prite) routine, it only gives me a compiling error.

> Main:    ;begin main loop;
>     call _clrLCDfull
>     call _homeup
>     call _grbufclr
>     ld hl,logo
>     bcall(ionPutSprite)    ;Loads and displays main screen logo
>     call grbufcpy

In programs for Ion you have to bcall romcalls (routines in rom), but not
routines which reside in ram.

Rom calls usually start with an underscore (_), so try using

     bcall(_clrLCDfull)
     bcall(_homeup)
     bcall(_grbufclr)

Also, the ionPutSprite routine just displays an 8*x sprite, so it won't be
able to display your 94*62 picture. You could use ionLargeSprite which is
able to draw sprites with a variable width and height, but as your 'sprite',
which is actually an entire picture, it is much better to just copy the
picture data in the screen buffer directly.

     ld hl,logo
     ld de,plotsscreen
     ld bc, (fill in size of picture data in bytes, which is probably 12*62)
     ldir

The LDIR command will copy BC (size of picture) amount of bytes from HL
(logo) to DE (screen buffer).

Follow-Ups: References: