[A83] Re: Help! I can't display my title sprite using bcall(ionputsprit

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Help! I can't display my title sprite using bcall(ionputsprite)!

You have the romcalls/ion libraries mixed up.  Rom calls use bcall(, ie
"bcall(_clrLCDfull)".  The Ion libraries just use call, ie "call
ionPutSprite".

More importantly, you're not loading the information for the sprite
correctly.  The code you would need is:

ld b, >the height of your sprite<
ld c, >the width of your sprite divided by 8.  if it's a fraction, round up<
ld a, >the top left x-cooridinate<
ld l, >the top left y-cooridinate<
ld ix, >the name of your sprite<
call ionLargeSprite ;you need this because the sprite is bigger than 8x8
call ionFastCopy ; you could use bcall(_gbufcpy), ionFastCopy is faster IMO
bcall(_getkey); or whatever you want to create a pause so you can see the
sprite
                         ; on the screen

I recommend downloading Ion Guru for help with the libraries.

Jim