[A83] Re: Grey scale(and enterlacing, is that the right word for it?)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Grey scale(and enterlacing, is that the right word for it?)

> Mike, I made a program that flickered the screen with
about 130 FPS
> black-white-black-white and it was awesome ugly gray it
flickered all the
> time. The TI-83 is just not fast enough with it's LCD
driver delay to make
> nice fullscreen grayscale.
You're wrong. It's possible to make smooth grey on the 83.
The problem with your solution was that you did not align
the software refresh with the hardware refresh of the lcd,
causing kind of an interference on the screen. You have to
put delays in between two frames and increase the length of
this delay until the flicker disappears. I've actually done
it. What's really difficult to overcome is that you have to
adjust the delay all the time as the battery gets weaker...
And in a game you have to calculate exactly how many clocks
were taken to draw one frame. Well, it would be quite easy
if there was a RDTSC instruction on the z80. :)

PG

Follow-Ups: References: