Re: A83: WANTED: Harper Maddox

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: WANTED: Harper Maddox

that would work nice if the sprite was aligned.  but mostly it isnt..
actually, you mostly write two bytes for a 8pix wide sprite..  for a 16pix wide
you would probably mostly write 3..
you have to shift it right... (not the direction :) )

If I had the motivation to think, maybe I could have helped..  but I dont..
havent coded z80 in 3/4 year now.. dont own any 83 anylonger.. so I dont have
much of motivation :)

geez.. i hardly havn't coded anything in a long time now..
got to get a grip.. hm.
or maybe I should sleep instead of writing off topic garbage on mailinglists..

hm.
//Olle

John Kugelman wrote:

> Nathan Gaylinn wrote:
> >
> > If you know Harper alert him of this message, if you are Harper, I hear
> > you can help me.
> > I need to try and get a sprite routine for 16x25 sprites, please help.
>
> It's not too difficult.  To increase the vertical size, just increase
> the vertical loop counter.  Increasing the horizontal size is more
> difficult, but not very.  You need to modify the code to write two bytes
> per row and increment the destination pointer by 10 (instead of 11).
> (You can actually just duplicate the code to write a byte to the screen
> so that it writes another afterwards, IIRC.)
>
> If you need specific help, post a snippet of where you're stuck.  I
> think many of the people on the list will be more than willing to help
> if you post some code to dissect.
>
> --
> John Kugelman  jkugelman@mgfairfax.rr.com
>
> I believe we can change anything.