Re: A83: TAZM...(not so very ***VITAL*** if you ask me)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On 01-Jun-99, you wrote:

> 2)  Cleaner, shorter code (a bit obvious from the above example, no?)
>  a)  Simplified multiple address references (previous example).
>  b)  Register math!!!  I can't count how many times I've just wanted to type:
>      ld a, (a+b+c) << 2   (in IDEAL mode) and had to type:
>      ld a,a \ add a,b \ add a,c \ add a,a   instead.

And forget what asm is all about? Nah!! Asm is supposed to be a mnemonic way
of expressing the actual hardware instructions given to the processor, not
some kind of foolin' around in Basic. The whole point of enjoying asm is that
you get to understand what actually happens inside that mysterious silicon
clod.

Sure, if a compiler is what you want, go ahead an write one! But don't call
it asm.

Linus
--
                                                           wwww