A83: Re: Re: why bother (optimization of code)...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A83: Re: Re: why bother (optimization of code)...

Well, of course, if you're going to program in asm, those are just things
you do by habit.  But that is nothing more than a simple peep-hole optimizer
could/should do...  True optimization is in algorithm AND code.

> Optimize where you can (i.e. using XOR A and JR instead of LD A,0 and JP),
> but when the optimizations make a mess of your code and completely
> desctructs the structure, don't do it. For example, I could make all my
code
> a hell of a lot faster by deleting all subroutines (very slow CALLs and
RETs