A83: Link Port

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A83: Link Port

Hi there.

I'm considering creating multiplayer support in my game (nibbles). Only problem is I have no experience with the lInk-port...
So my problem is this: Does anyone has some plan simple info (hint james, hint) on using the Link Port? I've read the sparse info from Ti's homepage but I need something with examples and a bit more non-technical. E.g. is there some sort of buffer or do I hae to have a rutine that reads the port on one calculater at exactly the same time as the other calc writes to it?
Please either tell me something about it or tell me where to read more about it.

And oh ehm.... Is there some way of testing link-asm with CalcEm (or another emulator) - I'd rather not have to test EVERYTHING on my calc as it will surely crash a lot then...

btw: Do people here prefer messages to be send in plain text like with usenet or is the usual html ok?

***
Thomas Turn Jensen
Icq uin => 8128636
IRC, Undernet => Mukke