Re: A83: Plain Jump

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Plain Jump

>Why won't the 83 version have external level support?
>
>--
>Bryan Rabeler <brabeler@ticalc.org>

   because it wouldn't be very good. I don't know how to do what I want
to do. External level requires 2 things: Knowing how to read and knowing
how to write external levels. The reading part is easy(thanks to Joe
W.'s Zlib). Its the writing part, that I don't believe is feasible on
the 83. Editing yes, writing no. I would probably have to add shitty
level support like Joe W. has done in his games by requiring one to edit
and compile a level source. In my opinion, that almost defeats the
purpose.