A82: Alive?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A82: Alive?

   According to ticalc.org's information, there are still some subscribers
to this list. Since nobody is saying anything about, well, anything, here
are some questions I have:

To Adamman = What is happening with Defiance?

To Dines  = ASH v3.1, ever?

To Jwaz = What happened to AgentX, Scorched Mirth, and Vengence?

To Kouri = Text View v1.3?

To Hideaki = CrASH v2.0? Information regarding new features and a
               release.

To anyone = Does anyone know what happened to Little Dude 3 or
Silmarils? Does anyone object to me posting a few demos to             the
list.

About Me:

   Another week, another dead computer. That makes 4 in the last 4 months.
On the first computer, I installed a larger HD (512 MB didn't cut it
anymore), but the installation software corrupted my BIOS. In order to fix
the BIOS, I had to replace the motherboard (which was no longer availible).
Afterall was said and done, it was decided that it would be cheaper to get a
new computer. Next, I was using a Gateway 2000 laptop. Let's just say that
the screen proved to be a little "fragile", and I'm not allowed to use it
anymore ;)
   Most recently, I managed to obtain an NT machine. By the second day, I
had to wipe the hard drive. Then last week, I had the computer plugged into
an unprotected power supply temporarily, when my sister decided to turn on a
wall unit air conditioner. The power spike (drain?) fried the NT, literally.

  What all that means regarding my programming(besides not doing much since
Feb):
     1)Zelda = I've always kept frequent back-ups, BUT I forgot to back up
the include file that had all of the sprites :(
I lost ~120 sprites and ~75 sprite masks, and I haven't been too anxious to
start all over again with those. I should start the project up again once I
finish summer school (~2 weeks)

    2)Baseball II:
        What's done: Scoreboard, Sound, New hitting engine (a little
              buggy), Better menu system, basic baserunning
     engine, Tons o' optimizations
        What's left: New season mode, fielding engine (AI), controls
              to baserunning (it does it automatically now),
                     serious graphics overhaul (greyscale?)
           Current Size: 3812 bytes

    3)??????????:  Mystery game based on a classic Palm pilot shooter.
          What's done: Graphics, basic engine
          What's missing: Enemy attacks, misc coding (levels,
            highscore, etc.)
             Current Size: 1137 bytes

    If you have any suggestions regarding Baseball II, please speak up. I
may hold some sort of "contest" to determine who will be beta testers.

  SPEAK!!!
   Sam