A82: Suggestions please.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A82: Suggestions please.

I've just moved in the world of TI-82 coding. I've found that the biggest
pain is the uploading to the calculator. What I've done is to hack a
ZX-81 emulator I wrote to partially emulate a TI-82, so that programs
can be developed and tested on that , rather than by uploading through
a calculator cable, and making the code cross-compatible by working
through a library. At the moment this contains basic keyboard (in a
Joypad fashion) and display emulation, and some text and sprite
routines. The only two problems are (i) speed [seems to be about
right on my Cyrix P-120] and (ii) the blurring LCD effect [which doesn't
happen on a PC display].

Anyway, does anyone think this project is worth continuing with, and if
so what are the most important features to emulate ? At the moment,
the only interface outside the program is the CopyGraphToScreen call
and a partial emulation of I/O port 1.

Paul Robson (autismuk@aol.com)