Re: A82: Suggestions please.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: Suggestions please.

On Thu, 19 Feb 1998 AutismUK@aol.com wrote:

> I've just moved in the world of TI-82 coding. I've found that the biggest
> pain is the uploading to the calculator. What I've done is to hack a
> ZX-81 emulator I wrote to partially emulate a TI-82, so that programs
> can be developed and tested on that , rather than by uploading through
> a calculator cable, and making the code cross-compatible by working
> through a library. At the moment this contains basic keyboard (in a
> Joypad fashion) and display emulation, and some text and sprite
> routines. The only two problems are (i) speed [seems to be about
> right on my Cyrix P-120] and (ii) the blurring LCD effect [which doesn't
> happen on a PC display].
>
> Anyway, does anyone think this project is worth continuing with, and if
> so what are the most important features to emulate ? At the moment,
> the only interface outside the program is the CopyGraphToScreen call
> and a partial emulation of I/O port 1.
>
> Paul Robson (autismuk@aol.com)

About time you got into TI-82 coding, Paul. You've done so much for the
emu scene, and the thing that has been lacking thus far for the 82 is an
emu (So, Randman made one.. but that's still in beta, as is yours). Keep
working on it.. we've had the tools to dump the ROMs for a long time
(since ASH 2.0), but no use for the ROMs.

Probably the most important thing to be emulated is the link, and possibly
the ability to load an asm shell. I'd honestly like to see the speed
brought to a level in which a 486 can run it at full speed.