Re: A82: Two Routines on TICALC.ORG

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 12:55 PM 2/17/98 -0700, you wrote:

>I have uploaded two routines to TICALC.ORG, and they might be of some help
to you
>programmers.
>
>SCROLL.ASM - scrolling routines (scrolls in emptiness)
>SPRCLIP.ASM - a clipping AND/XOR masked 8 by X sprite routine.
>
>All routines in here have been heavily optimized, but if you find
something I can
>remove, drop me a note.

I looked at those routines and it looks very similar to the routines I use
in my graphics library.  Since these routines are new and you say they
"have been" highly optimized this implies that there was an original
routine someplace.  If you used my routines I would like credit for them.
I would've said the same thing about the SPRCLIP.ASM routine but all you
did was take someone else's source (again but it's not mine so I won't
complain about that) and add clipping to it...my own idea which even you
asked what clipping was when I first wrote my SpriteDraw routine.  Clipping
was originally my idea and masking was somebody else's.  It's great that
you are creating routines...just give credit to the respective owners of
the original source.  Thank you.

                 Thomas J. Hruska -- thruska@tir.com
                    http://shinelight.home.ml.org