Re: A82: Galaxian 2.1 response

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: Galaxian 2.1 response

At 06:29 AM 2/7/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Oh, and to Thomas Hruska, a highscore of 49,007 is pretty pathetic
considering that
>you think you did the best that is possible. Just remember highscore
getting is supposed
>to be about skill. That is the same reason why I took out the extra life
and points
>after a level up in Orzunoid. Finally,  maybe someone on the list could
explain

My version of "rapid-fire" as I previously stated doesn't really become
true rapid-fire until around level 10 (starts out slow in my version and
gets progressively faster as long as I don't lose any lives during each
level).  Up till then, I usually do solid rapid-fire by vibrating the
muscle on my upperarm at about my elbow joint.  It gives the muscle a very
good work-out and I'm usually ready to stop playing the game for a while
until it isn't so tired.  This is how I accomplished the 49,007 points and
it WAS using pure skill.  I was just stating the score that I got and I do
use an awful lot of armpower when I am trying hard to get a score (have to
now that I have pretty much maxxed everything out).  Speaking of
highscores, there should be a high score reset option in the game instead
of requiring the user to reload the program back on to get all the original
scores restored.  If you want me to send you v2.0 with "rapid-fire" added,
I will do that just so you can see the exact program that I am using so
that I can convince you that I was playing honestly when I made the 49,007
points.  Oh boy, people can't seem to trust my integrity when I say I have
done something such as make a highscore which they themselves can't seem to
achieve because it is "humanly impossible"...well, I have done the humanly
impossible by making 49,007 points in which my arm muscle did most of the
work and people still won't believe me.

Hey, Bryan Rabeler, are you reading this?  I think you know exactly what
I'm talking about since you know how obsessed I am with the game and are
usually shocked by the quickness my finger can hit the [Y=] key.  Tell this
guy that I am telling the truth since he won't believe me from my own
mouth.  Also, you might want to mention that he might want to make a formal
apology to the list to retain his own integrity.

                 Thomas J. Hruska -- thruska@tir.com
                    http://shinelight.home.ml.org

  Spam-Fighter code is:  14806560   (New technique to fighting spam)
  Enter "Spam-Fighter:  XXXXXXXX" in the body of a personal message
  to thruska@tir.com.  Otherwise the message will be filtered as spam.