A82: Galaxian 2.1 response

      Even though I think your complaints are a little pointless I'll try to address
them all.
#1 RAPID FIRE
       I can see where you(Hruska) are coming from with not wanting your Y= key destroyed,
but whats the point of a shooting game that shoots for you. Galaxian is supposed
to require a little skill and speed. The faster you press the button the faster you
shoot. I'll try your rapid fire and if I find that it is not too gameplay hindering
I'll add it, but I've never seen anyone break a Y= key or any other.
#2 MULTIPLE KEY PRESSES
      I'm not sure why SOMETIMES multiple keypresses are required. For some reason
the highscore and title text routines from Orzunoid just don't function as well.
I'll try to fix it in the next version, though. It isn't really that important. Oh
no! I have to press Enter two or three times once in a while.
#3 GAMEOVER SCREEN
      I don't really see the need for it except for the fact that sometimes if you
are really button-pressing happy then your name on the highscore screen is screwed
up.
#4 DECREASING SCORES
      I really don't see a problem here at all. The scores decrease as a way to make
speed and skill important. In fact, I want to impliment the decreasing scores better.
The way the decrease is setup now, you lose 1 point every 1 or 2 seconds. Now considering
you get something like 20 points every time you kill one of the basic enemies, there
shouldn't be any kind of complaint as for its implimentation.
#5 BAD CONTROLS
      The controls are what they are because that is how they are on the 85. I never
have felt the need to change them. Since several people have commented that they
are awkward then I'll change them to 2nd and Alpha.

     I think thats all of the complaints. I'll try to address them in the next version.
Oh, and to Thomas Hruska, a highscore of 49,007 is pretty pathetic considering that
you think you did the best that is possible. Just remember highscore getting is supposed
to be about skill. That is the same reason why I took out the extra life and points
after a level up in Orzunoid. Finally,  maybe someone on the list could explain that
rather strange review on TI-Philes about Orzunoid 4.0. The guy seemed way to preoccupied
with what he could do if he was a programmer and he described things that aren't
even in Orzunoid. Either TI-Philes messed up or that guy is on drugs.
---
Evil Sam
http://www.cswnet.com/~ddward/the82/index.html
evil.sam@mailexcite.com