Re: A82: Libraries

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: Libraries

Matt Maurano <maurano@best.com> writes:
>About all of this library stuff:
>
>If we had to do an include in the source to use stuff in the library,
>you get a lot of wasted space (Same routine on the calc 10 times).
<snip>

I think you might be confused on how the library works. All the routines
are stored into the shell first, and then programmers can use those
routines at their whim. So when you make a game, you might say, "OKay,
I'll use the random routine and the sprite routine in the library."

#include "random.lib"
#include "sprite.lib"

I'm not sure if this slows down the process...seems like it would, but
anyway... And if a program that uses a routine that's not found in the
current library, the user is prompted to "install" that library. And if
I'm wrong, and this is NOT how the library will be set up, everyone can
point the finger and laugh. I'm strong enough to face the ridicule from a
group of TI peoples. =)

	-Scoobie