A82: Libraries

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A82: Libraries

About all of this library stuff:

If we had to do an include in the source to use stuff in the library,
you get a lot of wasted space (Same routine on the calc 10 times). So,
how about we get good versions of the core calls, and have Dines do a
simple include into the Ash source, and recompile it into ash 3.5 or
something. For example, why not include point on and getpixel and so on
in Ash allong with maybe a DM_HL_DECI (Someone made a good one a while
ago that is pretty useful, unless we find it in the ROM) and a sprite
routine? We could also include code to do ROM CALLS (Like my earlier
post) for stuff like the things to print text strings that require no
real speed. This way, Ash has a set of core caalls that are the most
often used ones. It is simple to do, as there is no real programming
involved (Adding full usgard lib support). It only needs a simple
recompile, and we then don't have to include multiple versions of the
same simple routines, but gives us the ability to take the bytes used by
all the usefull routines.

BTW: How about some sort of function "logo" requirements? For example,
functions can not change any of the registers.