Re: A82: 82p file hacked!!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: 82p file hacked!!!

At 01:46 PM 10/29/97 -0500, you wrote:

>> I just completed the hack of the TI-82 PRGM file.  Those of you who want to
>>  write your own shell for the 82, it just became one step closer.  For
>those
>>  of you who want to create modular add-on levels to your games...well, same
>>  thing.  The attached file (25K) contains ALL my notes on the 82p file
>>  format.  Enjoy!
>
>hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Oh my God!!!!!!!!!  I think that you
>should've notified us about what you planned to do.  You just wasted part of
>your life 'reinventing the wheel'.  Most, if not all and then some, of this
>stuff was already done by Doug Torrance (http://profzoom.home.ml.org).  I
>think that most ppl think fix.com is fine.
>
>~Adamman

Okay, laugh if you want.  It was my first use of a hex editor and this was
a way to test it out.  Okay, laugh at that too (a programmer who has never
used a hex editor IS something to laugh about :)
However, re-inventing the wheel is ALWAYS done by somebody to learn how to
use something.  Such as the infamous "Hello World!" program.  In my case, I
wanted a challenge, so I tore apart the 82p file so I could create modular
add-on levels for SQRXZ 82.  Go ahead and laugh.

                 Thomas J. Hruska -- thruska@tir.com
                    http://shinelight.home.ml.org