Re: A82: Re: 82p file hacked!!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: Re: 82p file hacked!!!

At 11:08 AM 10/29/97 +0100, you wrote:
>There is one thing about the document which i would like to comment. When i
>read it sounds like you have done a lot of work, but all the information was
>know all ready ! A proff of this is the programs included in the shells
>which converts an ob file to a program file.
>
>The format of most of the 82* files is the same as on the 85 and this has
>been discribed by Magnus Hadanger, and i think i have mentioned this on the
>list. What the bytes in a program means has been documented by Professor
>Zoom (i dont know i real name), and me lang time ago.  The checksum
>calculations was (as you write in you document) documented by David Boozer.
>
>So as far as i can see only thing did was to collect the information that
>other people have found and put it in one text file. This is fine and might
>help some people, but what about some credit to the people who found the
>information ?

Actually, I never even knew this information existed until you mentioned
it.  I spent three hours dissecting the 82p file testing a hex editor I
downloaded.  As I said, the checksum was the only thing that I actually got
the information from some other source.  So my credits section is correct.

                 Thomas J. Hruska -- thruska@tir.com
                    http://shinelight.home.ml.org

Follow-Ups: References: