Re: TI-H: More AVR Qs

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: More AVR Qs

>> AVRs are 1/1 (a 12MHz avr gets 12MIPS).
>>
>> There is a scenix, and it isn't totally PIC compatible.  When running the
>> Scenix in PIC mode it has to use the 1/4 rule.  When running in Scenix mode
>> it gets 1/1.
>>

>AT90S1200 do instructions very fast and have 32 registers... but i cant
>see any
>"builtin" RAM. :-/
>Do you know the price compared with 16F84 ?

Get the 2313, 4414, 8515...

Try comparing the MEGA103L with ANY PIC!!!  6MIPS, 128kbyte flash, 4kbyte
SRAM with an externalo memory bus for memory mapping and mapped devices, 8
external interrupts.....

Right now I'm using a m103L and connecting it to a custom built ethernet
card, LCD, and IDE ATAPI ZIP drive.  The $11 AVR is strong enough to make a
small scale www/ftp server.

In 3 instruction cycles, I can write a byte to the LCD, write a byte to the
IDE drve (6 for a word), or transfer to and from the Ethernet card.

My AVR gets faster pings than some of the workstations on my network.  .001
seconds.

Grant

Follow-Ups: References: