Re: TI-H: Radio Link (URL?????)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Radio Link (URL?????)

Digital to Analogue Converter
Analogue to Digital Converter

>wait... I'm sorry... whats a DAC and an ADC do again? (That is rhetorical
>BTW) Really. It is simple, and there are schematics out there that deal with
>FM transmitters, and even with digital signals

doing digital signals is NOT simple.

>(there is a pirate radio page
>somewhere that describes plans for converting digital audio (i.e. from a CD
>player output) to the FM transmitter preamp)... anyway, if you come accross
>this page, post it.

CD player digital audio is much different than anything...  Most cd players
have analogue out.  Only the expensive CD players have digital out (the
$500 ones).

>It does NOT cost $100.  The whole circuit (with a
>.5watt preamp) is something like $25 - $35 in parts and they offered it for
>like $50 assembled.

An analogue transmitter will cost $25 - 35, but not a digital one.  Also,
you can't buy a .5watt FM transmitter legally in the lower 48.  Only
Alaskans and maybe Hawians can have transmitters up to 10w.  All lower 48
people are limited to 50mw, or 1/4th mile coverage...

>Even then, you'd have to buy at least two of them
>(~$70) and also a receiver, which I haven't seen, but you could use a
>digital radio if it supports digital outputs.

You're not going to find a radio with digital outputs for under $2,000.
Digital audio and digital data are 2 extremely different things that you
need to get straight

>So overall it really blows,
>money wise.

The cheepest you will ever find them for is $100 for a transciever.  You
need 2 of those

>Unless your income is greater than $150K, then I don't think
>you'll be making it...

I DON'T have an income and I do electronics...  :\

You need to reasearch cost of digital data transcievers...

Grant