Re: TI-H: Radio Link (URL?????)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Radio Link (URL?????)

wait... I'm sorry... whats a DAC and an ADC do again? (That is rhetorical
BTW) Really. It is simple, and there are schematics out there that deal with
FM transmitters, and even with digital signals (there is a pirate radio page
somewhere that describes plans for converting digital audio (i.e. from a CD
player output) to the FM transmitter preamp)... anyway, if you come accross
this page, post it.  It does NOT cost $100.  The whole circuit (with a
.5watt preamp) is something like $25 - $35 in parts and they offered it for
like $50 assembled.  Even then, you'd have to buy at least two of them
(~$70) and also a receiver, which I haven't seen, but you could use a
digital radio if it supports digital outputs.  So overall it really blows,
money wise.  Unless your income is greater than $150K, then I don't think
you'll be making it...

On Sat, 21 Nov 1998 20:58:04 -0900, Grant Stockly wrote:

> No it won't work.  Plain no.  If it did, the wireless world would be real
> different...
>
> Grant
>

> >Like I said... theoretically all you must do is find the IR/LED or
whatever
> >schematics (if the are send/receiver) and replace the LED with an FM
> >transmitter, and then replace the photovalic cell with an FM receiver.
If
> >you would like to try it, then first find out if the LED thinggy is
> >Send/Receive, then find schematics for a small transmitter and a receiver
on
> >the web, and then you can attempt it do it.  Although this IS just a
theory,
> >and it *should* work, given the LED schematics do work and have
Send/Receive