RE: TI-H: New Calculator!!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: TI-H: New Calculator!!!

	Well, I am building it from scratch.  Just because I'm using an x86 doesn't make it a PC-compatible.  It just makes it run on a familiar and powerful instruction set.  As for color, I see the use for it (I've run Maple before), but that will require a lot more work.  Of course, with my small screen, and the smallest available VRAM chips that I can find are 256K (2Mbits), that's 128K for the screen and another 128 for the buffer.
	Next concern:  batteries.  I'm going to use rechargables.  Laptop-type batteries, maybe, but I'm still researching what I can get at high energy densities, but with a relatively low mass and volume.  I still want to be able to stick this in at least one of my pockets.  Any ideas?  I'm stuck at NiMH batteries, since I don't want to get too exotic (read: expensive).
	Thanks for the input,
Christopher Kalos
raptorone@geocities.com
VirtuTech Developer's Group