RE: TI-H: New Calculator!!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: TI-H: New Calculator!!!

Definitely use a Flash ROM.  Also, you're making a pretty large subsystem here.  if you can keep it small, you MIGHT be able to shadow it, but anything over 128K on a hobbyist's design will be hell.
	Going back to mine for a minute...  There will probably be a dedicated audio drive in it.  Something like 2MB.  That's nothing on PCM.  Can anyone help me out for RealAudio or MP3 decoding?  they have similar compression ratios, and I think we can get away with 16 Kilobits / second.  it's decent audio quality, and this isn't exactly supposed to be a CD-quality player anyway.  It's starting to look like it will cost somewhere around $150-$200 dollars for the prototype, and that sucks.  In fact, it might even be more, but I'm trying to be as cheap as possible.
	And also, ever try writing the OS in C?  Just use a limited subset, and then, the real trick is to get someone to write a compiler for your platform.  The advantage is that once you're done, you can release a calculator AND a compiler at the same time!  In addition, OS updates would be a cinch!  Just make sure to write VERY tight code.

Christopher Kalos
raptorone@geocities.com
VirtuTech Developer's Group