Re: TI-H: Power PC

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Power PC

Wow... a state of the art CPU so that you can send a message that has more sig
than content, but even that is dwarfed by the original messages that you decide
to leave in the body.  That's not a Mac program bug, or a Mac bug... it's the
latest feature of the GrantOS... more useless crap than one could ever need,
such as two replies to my ONE message.  As for the NT/MacOS/Unices debate, try
this.  At work, we have workstations all running NT4.  Do you know when was the
last time we had to shut them down?  Neither do I, because we never have to.  I
still see problems with NT, but none that can't be updated while everything is
running.  At worst, I've had to log off and back on.  I think the maximum uptime
so far has been about 8 months or so, and the only real problem was that the
drive mappings were obsolete due to changes in the servers' file orgranization.
    Of course, if you look at most schools running linux systems (or FreeBSD, if
they're REALLY smart), they have uptime in excess of 3 years.  And that's with
updating email scripts and so on.  Get a real OS, I couldn't care less about the
hardware anymore.  And remember, Apple doesn't support their software nearly as
well as the Linux community supports theirs.

CK (The one with a sig shorter than his messages)

> Nope.  go to http://gussie.alaska.net
>
> The PC tower you see in the picture runs win31, but uses the NT bootloader
> to startup to a beta of NT311
>
> ---
>
> To Subscribe to the ACplay mailing list, please send a message to
> gussie@alaska.net with the subject "SUBSCRIBE ACPLAY"
>
> To get an e-mail every time http://gussie.alaska.net is updated, please
> send a message to gussie@alaska.net with the subject "SUBSCRIBE ACNOTIFY".
>
> To talk to me direct, I'm 'weridguy' on AOL IM service.  I don't have an
> AOL account, just the IM thing.
>
> Thanks.

Follow-Ups: References: