Re: TI-H: Power PC

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Power PC

>Wow... a state of the art CPU so that you can send a message that has more sig
>than content, but even that is dwarfed by the original messages that you
>decide
>to leave in the body.  That's not a Mac program bug, or a Mac bug... it's the
>latest feature of the GrantOS... more useless crap than one could ever need,
>such as two replies to my ONE message.  As for the NT/MacOS/Unices debate, try
>this.  At work, we have workstations all running NT4.  Do you know when
>was the
>last time we had to shut them down?  Neither do I, because we never have
>to.  I
>still see problems with NT, but none that can't be updated while everything is
>running.  At worst, I've had to log off and back on.  I think the maximum
>uptime
>so far has been about 8 months or so, and the only real problem was that the
>drive mappings were obsolete due to changes in the servers' file
>orgranization.
>    Of course, if you look at most schools running linux systems (or
>FreeBSD, if
>they're REALLY smart), they have uptime in excess of 3 years.  And that's with
>updating email scripts and so on.  Get a real OS, I couldn't care less
>about the
>hardware anymore.  And remember, Apple doesn't support their software
>nearly as
>well as the Linux community supports theirs.

Actually, my mac (The one under the black box on the stack) is running
NetBSD since i installed it back when I was in 6th grade.  just go to
gussie.alaska.net.  its pretty fast for comming off a modem.

you have to remember that the linux community is also the 'mac' community.

---

To Subscribe to the ACplay mailing list, please send a message to
gussie@alaska.net with the subject "SUBSCRIBE ACPLAY"

To get an e-mail every time http://gussie.alaska.net is updated, please
send a message to gussie@alaska.net with the subject "SUBSCRIBE ACNOTIFY".

To talk to me direct, I'm 'weridguy' on AOL IM service.  I don't have an
AOL account, just the IM thing.

Thanks.