TI-H: General questions with a possibly big impact.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: General questions with a possibly big impact.

Alright.  These questions are about the internals of the TI-85
calculator.  if things turn out, it could be a huge thing.  I don;t know
if they would be the same on the other calcs, but it is very likely.

Anyone of the questions you can answer would be very helpful:

1) Is the RAM on the calc Dynamic or static?
2)  To the person who drew the schematics: how did you get your
information about the pin names for the tga43 chip, and the others?
3)  The processor is either a CMOS or NMOS version, does anyone know
which?
4)does anyone have any further information on the TGA43, LH531GNM-85,
and W242575-70LL chips in the TI-85?
5) the TGA43 is either a direct adaptation of the z80 by TI, or it
actually contain sthe Z80 chip manufactured by Zilog and surrounded in
the TGA43 by the TI-85 system logic stuff.  Does anyone happen to know
anything about this? for instance, if i had an old chip, i could take it
apart and see some things inside, like if its a hybred chip or not.
6)  does anyone know if any of the unknown lines out of the processor
could possibly be the /IORQ line?
7) does anyone know if the IO address appears on the address bus during
the OUT and In instructions?  Zilog databooks report that they do, but
that is on the actual Z80 chips, and the TGA may be entirely different,
as explained in (5).

Also, ive been out of touch with the net community lately, so is the
Radio Link Grant was working on finished yet?
And, is the EIII doen yet?  where can i get information on the EIII (or
EII or whatever you want to call it)
Thank you for everyone that can help me with any of these questions.
Towards the end of the main questions, who may have glimpsed waht i am
aiming at with these things, but if not, here it is:
All the current expanders and communications networks are slow by
definition, because they must operate throught the serial interface
provided by TI, or another serial interface (such as the SPinTerface
Port).  If these questions turn out the way i want them to, we could
have infinite IO devices operating at 8bits.  they can work at processor
speed and do whatever we want.  Anything is possible with this.  I hope
you see the ramifications of this power, but if not, please try to
answer any of my questions that you can anyway, jsut to help me in my
quest.  Thank you again for any help you can give me,
jonathan KAus
kaus@cybrzn.com