TI-H: Indiglo Backlight

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Indiglo Backlight

That's just what I've been saying! The inverters that can be purchased
are designed for 12v car batteries and are made to run TVs and
appliances. I'm not sure if you realize this, but EL panels don't use
very much power. That was the selling point of the EL nightlights. Last
years and years and years (like a LED) and they used like 2-4 cents of
power a YEAR. If a 1.5v watch battery can do a square inch, then 5
square inches (the calc) is no problem at all for the higher current,
higher voltage AAAs! I intend to redesign the inverter to make it
PERFECT for 4 AAA batteries and power a 5 square inch EL panel.

Right now, I'm holding a voltage doubling inverter in my hand now! It
has 3 diodes, 2 resistors, a capacitor and a transistor, and a tiny
transformer about 1 cm diamiterand 1/2 cm tall. It has DC out, but there
are missing parts and an AC out, but it doesn't run without the parts I
could add parts in till I got it to work, and then look for a bigger
ttransformer, but i think getting an indoglo watch will be simpler. It
will give me an EXACT design. I'll just need to get different valued
parts so it works nice.

Richard Piotter
richfiles1@hotmail.com