TI-H: Indiglo Backlight

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Indiglo Backlight

Fine, tell me where to BUY an inverter that runs on 6 volts, is designed
to run an EL panel, and FITS inside of a calc. The indiglo inverter is
the perfect choice. It runs on 1.5 volts, runs a decent sized indiglo
panel (about 1 square inch), and doesn't KILL the batteries. yeah, I may
need to alter the values a bit to run on 6v, but believe me, the size of
the panel does not make a drastic change. Besides, the 4 AAA batteries
produce way more current than a tiny 1.5v watch battery.

I have the skills to do it, and it'll be cheaper and more efficient to
build one designed specificly for the EL panel. A little redesing here,
a different value there, and I'll have the brightest TI in the western
hemisphere! I intend to look for an indiglo watch today. I had one
yesterday, but it was mechanical quartz driven and I was only allowed to
look, not break. I need to find a digital one. It'll be easy to
dissasemble it!

Richard Piotter
richfiles1@hotmail.com