RE: TI-H: Re: Speedy Calc...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: TI-H: Re: Speedy Calc...

I'm really not used to hearing people talk about how their computer will
crash due to a monitor...  On architectures other than intel/IBM PC BIOS
based, all of the parts work together and were all designed to work
together.

You never hear an Amiga user complain about their monitor card causing
things not to work.  :)  There are PPC 750 based Amigas too...  Anyone who
says Amigas are trash, well, just hasn't seen an amiga.  :)

Grant

>|The STB card you're propably referring to, is Velocity 4400....
>|I also have an AMD K6/2 300 and a Velocity 4400 and it's a killer! =)
>|But be warned, the velocity isn't all that compatible... I can run it
>|perfectly under Direct3D, Vesa, VGA etc., BUT every time I run something
>|using OpenGl, my system crashes... =(
>|I thought it had something to do eith my motherboard (ASUS P5A) because the
>|description of the newest BIOS said that they had fixed the problem with
>|Riva TNT, but updating didn't help...
>|I have the newest MotherBoard BIOS, newest VideoCard BIOS and the newest
>|drivers for EVERYTHING in my machine, but it still crashes... =(
>|An interesting point is, that the retail version of Quake2 works perfectly,
>|but after updating it to 3.19 it starts crashing...
>|Well, I'm tired of writing this so just be warned all these problems
>|appeared after updating my display card... =(

Follow-Ups: References: