TI-H: Re:

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Re:

>My question too :)  Is any of the stuff included practical to
>homebuild?  I'll save money anywere I can.

You're going to spend more money and waste time with homebuilt junk...
Believe me...  I'm in that position right now.  :)

>>Another question I have is that of programming.  Do I need to learn
>>another form of ASM?
>
>I believe so, but its not very complicated.  Microcontroller
>instruction sets are usually pretty simple when compaired to
>even the 8088 instruction set.

They are pretty much the same.

>>How do I burn programs onto an AVR?  Do I need a $500
>>programming device (screw it!)?
>
>My feeling also, I don't want to spend more than maybe
>100 bux for programming, and even that is pushing it.

The cheepest one you can build costs 7 jumper wires, an LED, a 25pin male
plug, and a 20pin DIP socket.

>I also would like to know what kind of support an AVR will
>require in a simple installation.  For instance, suppose
>you want to use an AVR to trigger a relay for a specifed
>time period when a switch is pressed, in addition to the
>AVR, a relay (and maybe a clamping diode), a switch and
>possably a voltage regulator, what will be needed?

Power and a crystal resonator unless you buy the chips with the fuse bit set.

Grant