Re: TI-H: Mel??? Err /: BYE!!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Mel??? Err /: BYE!!!

>> I never tell people that PCs are not worth using or that they are trash or
>> that they are stupid for using them. They are cheaper, and have become a
>> standard. There is nothing wrong with using PCs. I simply can't afford
>>to get
>> a real knowlegable PC service person to fix up all my screwed up
>>software and
>> hardware problems. THat's why my PC sucks.
>
>	I see you're an intelligent Mac user. I know quite a few ; ) The real
>reason the PC crashes all the time with most people is they go and mess
>with the system settings. Now, that doesn't say windows will kill an App
>for some reason, but the core OS rarely crashes.(I've tried to crash it,
>it isn't as easy as you think.) Win95 (core OS) is pretty well crash
>proof, Apps crash, not the OS. MacOS is diffrent. Once an app dies, the
>OS goes with it.

Win95 is 99.9% worse with crashes.  Did you know that a few keys will get
you out of a mac crash?  controll+alt then escape will force an application
to terinate.  Command+power will enter a debug mode.  Type G FINDER and
then enter and you'll also go back to the finder.  I do this all the time.

>	As I said, you've fooled with the settings, and caused Windows to
>malfunction. Sorry, computers don't make mistakes, users do.

Not with win95.

>Advanced PC users logic. The novice thinks: Mac Software, Two Rows . PC
>Software, 12 Rows. I think I'll buy something with rows of software,
>instead of shelves.

yes.  Thats a good idea.  12 rows where 10 are deticated to Virus
protection, hard drive fixing, and other programs that are deticated to
fixing and preventing the so called "changing settings".  On a mac you can
throw every single file one by one into the trasn except the "Finder" and
"System".

>Mac lost its developers, and now is going to die
>because of it. It was Apples own undoing, no one caused the downfall of
>Apple, except Apple. These are the facts, as I see them.

yeah.  I agree.  There are more PCs in the world because people continue to
use old PCs as doorstops.  I'd much rather have a computer where I know I
can go to for support on any part.  Not Creative Labs if my sound doesn't
work, Microsoft if windows doesn't work, sony if my monitor doesn't work,
[some cheepo chinese company] if my kbd/mouse doesn't work, or things like
that.

>A common misconception. As I said, PC users consider Mac users inferior
>due to the Mac's GUI. Its not a hardware thing, as Grant has attempted
>to turn it into.

The Mac's GUI can be overrided easily.  Apple has written the tightest GUI
there is.  I'm not only talking about the hardware.

>The Inferiority idea came along due to lack of software
>titles. BTW, the PPC was made as a joint venture between Apple, IBM, and
>Moterola (Something you should know if you are defending it heavily). It
>was designed to be used as a multi-platform

Every chip out there is multi-platform.  There just aren't ports of every
single OS to it.

>chip, able to be both a PC
>and a Mac, with minimal changes. IBM is/was selling a PPC based PC. : )

no they werent.  CHRP (Comon Hardware Refrence Platform) has to do with the
ROM.  What you said is that INTEL is/was selling a CISC based mac.  If the
mac roms were mutelated, Mac programs would run fine on an intel processor.

>Sell your Mac. Most businesses use PCs, get used to it. This is the way
>it is, and will be. If they don't use PCs (Wintels) then they use a Unix
>based machine.

Too bad you can get a mac to run Linux, BSD, or any other flavor just fine.
I've got a Mac based linux server at gussie.alaska.net.  :P

Follow-Ups: References: