Re: TI-H: Mel??? Err /: BYE!!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Mel??? Err /: BYE!!!

> I never tell people that PCs are not worth using or that they are trash or
> that they are stupid for using them. They are cheaper, and have become a
> standard. There is nothing wrong with using PCs. I simply can't afford to get
> a real knowlegable PC service person to fix up all my screwed up software and
> hardware problems. THat's why my PC sucks.

	I see you're an intelligent Mac user. I know quite a few ; ) The real
reason the PC crashes all the time with most people is they go and mess
with the system settings. Now, that doesn't say windows will kill an App
for some reason, but the core OS rarely crashes.(I've tried to crash it,
it isn't as easy as you think.) Win95 (core OS) is pretty well crash
proof, Apps crash, not the OS. MacOS is diffrent. Once an app dies, the
OS goes with it.

> At least it works most of the time though (I do have to start windows manualy
> though, cause It says it's unable to find windows (it just can't WIN :)

	As I said, you've fooled with the settings, and caused Windows to
malfunction. Sorry, computers don't make mistakes, users do.

> For you to say that anyone who buys a mac has no brain is insulting and is
> quite prdudiced and is very wrong.

	This is the result of the OS, not the people. It is a geralization made
for taking the available facts: Macs have a small percent of the market
share, the OS is written so 3 year olds can operate it, etc. and
interpolating the facts into a conclusion: it requires no skill to
operate a Mac, and therefore it isn't worth using. ; ) Now you see the
Advanced PC users logic. The novice thinks: Mac Software, Two Rows . PC
Software, 12 Rows. I think I'll buy something with rows of software,
instead of shelves. Mac lost its developers, and now is going to die
because of it. It was Apples own undoing, no one caused the downfall of
Apple, except Apple. These are the facts, as I see them.

> The things you say about Mac USERS are not
> very kind. You don't need to like a machine, but don't insult the people who
> use it. I find my brain to be very useful, and I highly value it. I wouldn't
> be building robots and upgrading calcs without it. I can say that I could say
> the same about you and your PCs, but it's not true. YOu chose a computer that
> was probably a few $100 cheaper than a Mac, and is also a fairly standardized
> machine! That's a good choice, but a Mac user has made no bad or incorect
> choice. We can read your PC disks, and run your PC apps, whether through a PC
> hardware card or through emulation, and the newer Macs seriously can emulate
> the PC at a reasonable speed!!! Look at the job apple did emulating the 68K
> series apps from the old macs on the PPC macs! They did a good job! Apple
> makes good machines, and they will for as long as they exist. PCs are open
> machines, and are often cheaper. I don't care! I prefer macs, but I have a PC
> for those few things I need it for (right now nothing). I actualy may sell it
> to buy a Mac! (:

A common misconception. As I said, PC users consider Mac users inferior
due to the Mac's GUI. Its not a hardware thing, as Grant has attempted
to turn it into. The Inferiority idea came along due to lack of software
titles. BTW, the PPC was made as a joint venture between Apple, IBM, and
Moterola (Something you should know if you are defending it heavily). It
was designed to be used as a multi-platform chip, able to be both a PC
and a Mac, with minimal changes. IBM is/was selling a PPC based PC. : )

> Probably not though, cause I will never know when I realy do need it. I'd
> liketo get that $800 604 PPC mac! (:
> Can't though, cause I need the cash for colege and rent.

Sell your Mac. Most businesses use PCs, get used to it. This is the way
it is, and will be. If they don't use PCs (Wintels) then they use a Unix
based machine.

> Anyway, i'll probably read the archives once in a while, and I might re
> subscribe later, with my new address, after the off topic messages slow again,
> but that's a maybe. BEAM robotics is my #1 interest, and I may also begin
> doing turbos, EL, and EIIs once again (well EIIs are new to me though). I'm
> not going to start till after I'm settled into my apartment though.

With the knowledge of the TI-8x you have obtained, and internal memory
expansion would be a great idea. You have the resources and skills to
make a hack for the TI-8x to add extra internal RAM.

> And no Mel, BEAM robotics are not as simple and stupid and patheticly useles
> as you might think they are, if you even know what they are. I don't even care
> for the soalr and the simple stuff. I'm into walkers, complex and simple ones.
> I have two small ones now, and an working on one large one, and plan an MIT
> Gengis style walker soon. (And I know I can do it for cheaper)
>
> Well, Goodbye list. I'm outa here for the last time in a few hours!
> --
>
> Richard Piotter
> richfile@prairie.lakes.com
>
> The Richfiles TI Hardware and BASIC web page:
> http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/5081/Richfiles.html

Walking is a complex task, and to do it right, is extremely complex. :)
I have the utmost respect for your ability to make these work.

Adam Johnson

Follow-Ups: References: