TI-H: Dust behind screen-Pull off screen cover!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Dust behind screen-Pull off screen cover!

>>the slip over the LCD screen.  IUf you have a 85 it says TI-85 on it.
>>simply use a razor to cut the glue.

You don't need a razor. I have done it with my fingernails or a tiny
screwdriver.

>Are you serious? Or is it just a lame trick to make someone destroy his
>calculator?
(you can remove everything in there by just unscrewing screws, you
>wont need a razor!)

Destroy his calc! TI RECOMENDS IT FOR GOD SAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!

TI will void your waranty if you remove the back cover. You are mere
likely to destroy your calc with the back open than with removing the
plastic screen cover. I took the screen cover off my 82 and I just blow
the screen out whenever I see dust. I now do the same with my 85. The
piece of plastic is NOT part of the screen. It is just a cover. He
doesn't mean use a razor to pry the screen out or some idiotic thing
like that. He is saying that he uses a razor (I use my fingernail or a
screwdriver) to pry the thin plastic piece that covers the screen. It
will in no way harm or damage the calc. TI ACTUALY RECOMENDS IT BECAUSE
IT WILL NOT VOID YOUR WARANTY!!!

Besides, poking a screw driver around the inside of any calculator is
dangerous. Capacitors can still have a charge and do damage if the screw
driver slips. A friend of mine screwed up his TI-85 (maybe an 82) by
TOUCHING a large capacitor. It discharged completely and screwed
something up. That is why you should never even open the calcs without
wearing a grounding bracelet or working on a ground mat. I have one and
it protects the calcs I work on.

Here is what to do:

            Pry Here

 ______________|__
| _____________V_ |
||          TI-85||
||               ||
||               ||
||               ||
||_______________||
|                 |

I hope that helps both the person who needed the help and the person who
doesn't know what is going on here!

Richard Piotter

E-Mail:
richfiles1@hotmail.com