TI-H: Lame trick to void his waranty, huh!!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Lame trick to void his waranty, huh!!!

Are you serious? Or is it just a lame trick to make someone destroy his
waranty?

>>Are you serious? Or is it just a lame trick to make someone destroy
his calculator?
>>This applies to the ti85: Unscrew the 2 screws on the bottom of the
>>back-side and the one holding the flat battery. Carefully use a small
>>screw-driver to seperate the bottom-plate from the top-plate, start at
the
>>bottom side, once you got it apart you'll know how the clips works.
Now
>just
>>follow your instincts, unscrew the display, and maybe you might need
>>unscrew the circuit-board also, but you'll see how it's done once
you're in
>>there. (you can remove everything in there by just unscrewing screws,
you
>>wont need a razor!)
>
>Thanks a lot for giving me correct info , i'll open up my 83 and i'm
sure
>i'll see how its
>done!

Yeah! Thats the way it's done so you can VOID YOUR WARANTY! If anything
happens, they can claim you did it when you opened it. Many companies
use heated screws. They bond to the plastic so they can tell if a device
it opened. I didn't believe it at first, but I tried it myself. It makes
the screw produce a sort of spapping noise when it's opened. It works,
and they can tell!

Richard Piotter

E-Mail:
richfiles1@hotmail.com