Re: TI-H: An idea for separate game carts.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Osma Suominen wrote:

> Christopher Kalos wrote:
>
> > I think you misinterpreted there.  I think what he meant was to put on a
> > TI specific program onto a chip, and have it run as a game.  With the
> > proper microcontroller, this shouldn't be a problem at all.  However,
> > the auto-boot would have to be a part of the OS, much like Aurora83
> > (that's what I'm using) auto-detects programs, have the OS check the
> > port, get a proper game header, and then load up chunks and start
> > executing.  A great idea, but a lot of work to program and design,
> > probably.
>
> Oh, sorry. Hmm, it might be made to work, but I don't think it's a very
> good idea, you can as well build the Expander or a similar design that
> can hold many games and other programs. You could make some kind of an
> autoloader for the Expander too, if there was need for it. But I doubt
> it's worth the effort and money to put just one game onto one cartridge.
> The program code would first have to be transferred to the calculator's
> RAM and then executed from there, just as in the Expander. You can't run
> a program directly from the link (or SPinTerface) port.
>
> -Ozone
>
> --
> *** Osma Suominen *** ozone@clinet.fi *** http://www.clinet.fi/~ozone
> ***

WEll, about not putting just one game onto a cart gave me another idea,
one could make a Expander type setup, and put many many games onto it,
but rather than use the current Expander Software, make new software
that browses like a regular shell, a listing that you can scroll up and
down through...  Then about organization, assign the F1-F5 keys to
different directories, and use menulib, to display the names of the dirs
above the keys.  This sounds like a better idea, and if it was built
into a Spinterface Cart, then it would not matter if you carried it
around all the time, since it fits better into your pocket than the
current Expander.  Then there would be no need to have anything in your
calcs mem, except your current game, or utility.  Which is only in there
because it was run from that menu I was speaking of earlier.

If you understand so far, your doing great...

The software driver for this Spinterface Cart, would be a TSR, and
stored as file type twenty, which is not recognized in the check RAM
windows.  Of course, it would be best if this TSR was modeled from
Usgard, because of its somewhat more stable TSR's.  But all of the above
is just another idea, which to me sounds very feasible.  MEL can work on
 the Hardware, and Our TOP programmers (The Usgard Team, The ZShell
Team, etc...) can work on the Software driver.  So What do you guys
think of this?

NOTE: Basically all am saying now, is write different software, and
build any of the current (or currently being redisigned) Expanders, into
a SPinterface cart.

NOTE2: Please excuse any Spelling/Grammatical errors, seeing as how I
wrote this in a hurry.  Also please write back if further
descriptiveness is required.  Thank you for your time...
--

				    Sincerely,
				    Kevin

And always remember to shoot for the moon, because
even if you miss, you'll still land among the stars!

     ***********************************
     **         My E-mail address:    **
     **           elbo@usa.net        **
     **              Homepage:              **
     **   http://www.geocities.com/~kelbo   **
     ** One more thing, go to the following link to vote for the   **
     **       page logo for a game a few guys are making:          **
     ** http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Vista/8557/vote.htm **