Re: TI-H: An idea for separate game carts.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Christopher Kalos wrote:

> I think you misinterpreted there.  I think what he meant was to put on a
> TI specific program onto a chip, and have it run as a game.  With the
> proper microcontroller, this shouldn't be a problem at all.  However,
> the auto-boot would have to be a part of the OS, much like Aurora83
> (that's what I'm using) auto-detects programs, have the OS check the
> port, get a proper game header, and then load up chunks and start
> executing.  A great idea, but a lot of work to program and design,
> probably.

Oh, sorry. Hmm, it might be made to work, but I don't think it's a very
good idea, you can as well build the Expander or a similar design that
can hold many games and other programs. You could make some kind of an
autoloader for the Expander too, if there was need for it. But I doubt
it's worth the effort and money to put just one game onto one cartridge.
The program code would first have to be transferred to the calculator's
RAM and then executed from there, just as in the Expander. You can't run
a program directly from the link (or SPinTerface) port.

-Ozone

--
*** Osma Suominen *** ozone@clinet.fi *** http://www.clinet.fi/~ozone
***