Re: TI-H: Hey guys, try something simple... For IR linking

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

PAULH@mdli.com wrote:

> I don't think that a IR link would be incredibly hard, but it would require a
> SPinTerface.  You need to hook two IR Transmitters up to the two data wires on
> the TI.  Then use the 5V +/- from a SPinTerface port so the recievers can pick
> up the signal.  Then attach the output from the two recievers to the two data
> lines.

You don't actually _need_ the SPinTerface, but without it you need a
separate power source. It would be handy, though.

> The only problem I see is that I can't see how to prevent the device from
> retransmitting any data it recieves.

This is the easy part of the electronics, just some simple logic. The
transmitter and receiver are much harder, believe me. They aren't just
single parts but complex circuits that somehow modulate and demodulate
the data.

-Ozone

--
*** Osma Suominen *** ozone@clinet.fi *** http://www.clinet.fi/~ozone