[TIB] Re: games

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[TIB] Re: games

>From what I've seen on this list before (years ago) the closest you can
bet to sprites in basic is another program that you can pass some
coordinates to.  This 'sprite' program will draw the pic at those
coordinates.  Sense the z80 calcs can't use arguments, you will have to
use some other variables or a list.  It's kind of a crude way of doing
it, but it works.  This is a blatant plug, but check out Mech83. It's in
the 83 Basic games section.  I forget what the name of the function is,
it's been a while, but it draws the enemy based on a x, y, and z
position.  I used a series of Line()'s  you may want to do it pixel by
pixel, it just depends on the kind of image you are trying to draw.

--Matthew

-----Original Message-----
From: ti-basic-bounce@lists.ticalc.org
[mailto:ti-basic-bounce@lists.ticalc.org] On Behalf Of Zach Tong
Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2001 7:36 PM
To: ti-basic@lists.ticalc.org
Subject: [TIB] Re: games

i'm gonna reply to both of these at once.  first of all, wow.  that is
way more
complicated stuff than i have used.  but i can learn.  first of all, you
really
need to show me how to do this.  i understand what you said, but i have
no way
to even possibly fathom how to do it.

first, how would i make  library thingy to hold my sprites, how do i
make the
sprites, and how doi use them.

secondly,the exact same questions but with bitmaps and matrix stuff.

thank you for your patience, i know teaching a newb is often very
stressful.

zach

Matthew Waters wrote:

>      The idea of a realtime battle system in BASIC was just a joke.
Even if
> you could implement it, it would be slower than molasses oozing down a
45
> degree incline. Don't even try it, unless you plan on making some z80
ASM