Re: TIB: Let's Create the Ultimate BASIC Program Everyone (I Mean Everyo

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: Let's Create the Ultimate BASIC Program Everyone (I Mean Everyone)

PJChaser@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 1/25/99 11:07:10 PM Central Standard Time, jody1@alaska.net
> writes:
>

> >  I think hard might be a big understatement.  However, it would be neat
> >  to make something that would kinda work at least.  I'm not a real good
> >  chess player, but that isn't because of lack of interest, it's just that
> >  I could never find anyone to play with.  Back a while ago I was trying
> >  to actually learn some of the tactics and theories on position and stuff
> >  like that and I found this book at the library that pertained to this.
> >  The book was quite old and it dealt with the attempts to make good chess
> >  programs on some of the old computers.  In it were several different
> >  formulas and stuff that were used to calculate the various 'goodness' of
> >  each move.  Then, whichever move got the highest number would be the
> >  move that was made.  There were some major drawbacks to this but I'm not
> >  exactly sure what they were.  That kind of idea would probably be a good
> >  place to start.
> >

> What book was it?  If I could find it, or you could mail me some of the
> equations it would help a lot.
> PJC II

Sorry, I can't remember.  I can take a look for you the next time I'm at
the library, though.  Unfortunately, it's winter here and I don't have a
vehicle.  Therefore, I have to catch the bus - which is a _REAL_ pain in
my butt... As a result it may be a bit before I can get over there.
Hmmm...It's almost the end of the month and they do sell bus passes at
the library; maybe I'll get over there a little sooner than I thought.
I'll take a look and let you know when I find out.

Jody Snider
jody1@alaska.net