Re: TIB: Let's Create the Ultimate BASIC Program Everyone (I Mean Everyo

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: Let's Create the Ultimate BASIC Program Everyone (I Mean Everyone)

In a message dated 1/25/99 11:07:10 PM Central Standard Time, jody1@alaska.net
writes:

>  I think hard might be a big understatement.  However, it would be neat
>  to make something that would kinda work at least.  I'm not a real good
>  chess player, but that isn't because of lack of interest, it's just that
>  I could never find anyone to play with.  Back a while ago I was trying
>  to actually learn some of the tactics and theories on position and stuff
>  like that and I found this book at the library that pertained to this.
>  The book was quite old and it dealt with the attempts to make good chess
>  programs on some of the old computers.  In it were several different
>  formulas and stuff that were used to calculate the various 'goodness' of
>  each move.  Then, whichever move got the highest number would be the
>  move that was made.  There were some major drawbacks to this but I'm not
>  exactly sure what they were.  That kind of idea would probably be a good
>  place to start.

What book was it?  If I could find it, or you could mail me some of the
equations it would help a lot.
PJC II