Re: SD: Re: Dismissal from ticalc.org

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: SD: Re: Dismissal from ticalc.org

>I completely agree with a boycott...except that I nowhere else to go until
>other mailing lists are up and running.  Bryan Rabeler himself is seriously
>considering making his own site for calculator programs.  If you think
>about it, the ticalc.org server has to get a minimal amount of hits every
>single week in order to keep the internet connection it is on.  Boycotting
>ticalc.org will force the owners to drop its connection speed.  If no one

I don't think thats true.  They have a dedicated 4mbit connection.  I doubt
you would be able to bring their usage down to almost zero anyway.  But hey,
its worth a try. :)

>visits ticalc.org, morale among the coordinators will be destroyed, the
>rest of the staff will be in chaos, and people will be leaving ticalc.org
>left and right.  Boycott is one of the oldest and most successful methods
>used even though it is viewed, in many people's eyes, as pointless.

Well, in this situation, both sides believe they are standing on principle,
so it will be hard to "give in" so to speak.  But again, its worth a try.

>Without boycott, Civil Rights would not exist.  Think about that for a
>minute.  Blacks want civil rights, we want a staff that is happy and we
>want to be happy.  Bryan played a MAJOR role in making ticalc.org,
>ticalc.org.  Firing Bryan made everyone shocked and upset.  So, a boycott
>may not get his job back, but at least it will demonstrate that **WE** the
>people, not the coordinators, hold the power of ticalc.org.

Good point.  But I don't want my job back now.

Bryan